The following Kenaf 8234 photos and images are not part of the Kenaf Testing and Experiment growing in Hazmat Soils
|Kenaf Seeds 8234 strain-Planted 7pm Jan 27, 2016|
@Pepesplants < he was right! #Kenaf sprouts quick!
|MOhemp Energy Lignin Removal Station Invention|
|MOhemp Energy Hemp or Kenaf Field Processing System Flow Chart|
|Day 2 photos of Kenaf Sprouts with a $.25 Quarter for Visualization Aid on how fast the Kenaf 8234 Sprouts seem to be growing|
|Day 2 8234 Kenaf Sprouts $.25 Quarter for Visualization Aid|
|Day 3 Kenaf Sprouts Notice 5th Seed Germinated Middle Front|
Pepes Plants bailed me out again
|Feb 6, 2016 Supplemental Lighting|
Mar 2, 2016 Kenaf Plants growth progress gif image created with Google Picasa.
- Cardboard cylinder is a toilet paper roll center that is used to hold the plants upright. The plants are not exactly growing in optimum conditions in the widow sill. The stems of the plants do not get the wind that is needed to strengthen the plant stem and the weight of the leaves bends the stems over.
- A quarter was used for size reference early in the plants growth.
- The Red Colored lights are not from a Red Grow Light this was caused by a camera setting in a few photos.
- I planted 6 seeds- 5 sprouted. I killed 1 attempting to help it rid the seed pod. I ripped the tender leaves and that plant never recovered and died. (Don't love your plants to death- Paul Allen)
- The majority of the photos are taken in the AM when I am getting a cup of coffee to start the day.
- This is also when I turn the supplemental lighting on.
- Supplemental lighting is generally left on a minimum of 12 hours a day, 7 am to 7 pm.
- The Grand-kids are marveling at how fast the Kenaf Plants grow (and so am I). I told the middle child that they will eventually grow taller than us. They could grow up-to 15 feet tall, which is 4 times as tall as you right now. (Note to self: she doesn't know how tall 15 feet is. I have to do a better job of comparison)
- She also asked, "if we are going to eat these plants?" I replied, "I don't know I guess we could, I've heard of other people eating Kenaf plants. And read that Kenaf Growers feed the plants to their farm animals."
- Occasionally, As the Temperature warms the plant tray is taken outside and placed on the Patio so the plants get Natural Sunlight. I hope to also strengthen the stems by doing this with the natural breeze.
- I am planning on re-potting the plant starts into bigger pots soon.